Friday, January 09, 2009

First meme (I think)

I don't think I've posted a meme on this blog before, I'm sure I've answered a few questions in one once, but what the hell, here goes nothing.

I yoinked this from Cathy, who I believed yoinked it from someone else.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2 things come to mind - getting involved with a wonderful woman and having the quickest job turn around in history.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year, haven't really decided about this year. I have a few "goals" but no "resolutions".

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of old friends, a couple of new friends, I'm sure a lot of people I can't remember.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not last year.

5. What countries did you visit?
I was a homebody. Again.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More love. Money. Stability.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 4th, June 10th, Dec 11th.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Accepting sometimes I have to fail to move forward.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting myself stuck in a situation I'm not so sure about (No, not relationship)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, well aside from the general overweightness.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Purchased. 2008. Umm ... Maybe 2009.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I have to mention Cathy here - because the growth she has experienced in 2008 is amazing.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Pretty much every politician and public "servant" on the planet.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying for a big mistake from long ago. As per usual.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Me? "really, really, really excited"? Yeah, this meme doesn't know me. Although my girlfriend coming home was pretty good.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Have no clue. Yup, even the "Top 1's of 2008" don't give me a hint.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?, b) thinner or fatter?, c) richer or poorer?
Much, much happier. A little thinner. Pretty much the same amount of poorness.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Earn more. Live more. Experience more. Sleep more. Work less more

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be nervous and overthink.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent the day with my beloved. Best christmas in a long time.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Certainly did. Pretty amazing too.

22. What was your favourite TV programme?
As much as people will scoff at this - I don't think I have a "favourite".

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I *hate* anyone. I pity a lot of people, but don't think I hate.

24. What was the best book you read?
Must start a book list this year - I can't remember their names!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Almost understood what tap is all about. Almost.

26. What did you want and get?
A relationship with a wonderful woman. Someone to have fun with.

27. What did you want and not get?
Winning a lottery. A job that pays me mega-bucks and let's me have 360 days off a year.

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
A number of very, very good films but nothing is standing out.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Last year of my 20's this year. I have a stretched out birthday, most with my amazing girlfriend. Dinner with Cathy, dinner (or was it lunch?) with my family and then a great drinking session with a few of my friends. Was a fantastic birthday.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not overthinking things so much.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Personal what now? I believe the word that springs to mind when most people see me is "conservative".

32. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane at any time?

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The most? I don't think there's one out there I'd drop everything for.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Global Warming and the Nanny State that was Australia (in other words the Net Censorship)

35. Who did you miss?
The same person I have for the past 16 years.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Cathy.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Sometimes it's ok to get what you really want.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am the invisible man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subtle ... what's happening man???

Mr Subtle said...

I got lazy. Getting back into it now.