Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've noticed I'm being lazy

Especially when it comes to blogging. So I've given myself a few ideas.

Actually I'm stealing a few ideas in the hope that I can trick myself into posting more. Perhaps even about interesting and varied things.

So, stolen idea #1 - book review. With a twist. I'm not going to review a book I'm reading currently, nor am I going to actually "review" the book. I'm going to review my thoughts that, in reading the book, I was able to dwell on and savour.

Stolen idea #2 - interesting news article. Actually I have no idea where I stole this from, but with all the recent "exciting" articles in the news (and other sources) I figure I could have some sort of opinion on them too. Even if it's just me typing "THIS IS SHIT" over and over again. We'll see.

Stolen idea #3 - Other media review. As with my book reviews, but in this case movies, TV, etc. Well actually just movies and TV. I couldn't be bothered with anything else.

Stolen idea #4 - Actually I think this is one of my own, but knowing my luck if I said that someone would find a link to where it "really" came from. So, I stole it - but I have no idea where from. Random thoughts. Just one or two lines, nothing too much. Just pure random garbage that I won't actually go in to until after the fact. So to speak.

So there we go, lots of ideas to keep me busy and away from people poking me and asking why I'm not blogging. Perhaps it's that a lot of my thoughts are for me alone and I'm not about to share them with all and sundry - or perhaps they are thoughts I want to share with a select few people. Really, when will people learn that creativity isn't something that can be poked and forced.

And yes, I have been lazy. To use a statement from a book I just read "Get over yourself".

Indeed.

2 comments:

Cath said...

Shmeh.. Don't overthink it. Just blog god-damn you!

Mr Subtle said...

says she who blogs almost as frequently?