Monday, December 22, 2008

The weekend of travel and money

In response to Cathy's current entry - there are no second hand items, burkhas, or even dildos (perhaps a vibrator, but let me digress). There have been times I've attempted to surprise Cathy by doing or buying things for her. The last biggest case was the trip to Brisbane when she got back from Russia - the surprise I organised the day she left, the same surprise that lasted most of her trip away until she started getting pissed off that I wasn't answering her question of "Why don't you come up and see me in Brisbane?"

So when christmas rolled around I decided to get all my ideas down and do the shopping as late as possible. Also to give as many pointless hints as possible. Or perhaps not pointless, but not accurate.

When the weekend that just ended rolled around and Cathy went to Brisbane, my shopping skill had to kick into gear. My record so far has been 7 presents in 45 minutes. This christmas - 6 people in 1 hour ... the last person? Almost 5 hours.

Admittedly most of those 5 hours were driving. Oh, so much driving. But I got what I was after - and I even got some ideas for Cathy's birthday. Not to remember those ideas until her birthday!

Now to prepare for the "celebrations" and the holiday ... and to attempt to keep the magic alive just a little while longer for the most wonderful woman in the world.

I love you my dear ... and I hope that each of our christmases together are more special and magical than the last.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmigod Subtle, I almost cried when I read the last sentence .... you are soooooo right for her, so very right. I hope you get lots of love back too. You should be cloned. [I think I've written that once before - scary!]

Cath said...

Hands off Anon...! lol...

I love you too my sweet darling man.

Mr Subtle said...

Anon - Cloning sounds like a great idea. Although I do have memories of "Multiplicity" - although sending someone else off to work every day does sound good to me. Merry Christmas anon :)

Cath - you know ;)

kiki said...

this is an observation but it seems to me that you two do a lot of communicating via blogs.

yet you live together yeah?