Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In the mood ...

Spring has sprung, the grass has ris', I wonder where the birdie is?

Well, not really is still miserable cold winter here. But that's sort of what I'm leaning towards right now. The place almost has the feeling of Spring. Or perhaps it's just me.

Anyhoo ... I was asked today which "group" I would fit myself into. "Are you a SNAG, a metro, an alpha male... ?"

Can I pick the Z option and go with "I am who I am"? Apparently not.

Gone are the days of the "Man of the House" / "He who brings home the bacon" (for the little woman to cook). The dats of the SNAG and the Metro and the Retro are all alive and well.

What about the rest of us, who actually keep the rest of the planet running while you lot prance around with your bloody titles and moisturiser?? Well, I've made a jump - we're at a stage in history where we need a ruling class- and we don't have one.

In by gone years we had Knights and Princes and Ladies and Queens. Today if you ask to meet a Queen be prepared for anything. Really anything.

So I'm guessing that our new "ruling" (ha!) "class" are those who sit around scratching themselves with these titles they make up. Or are given by the media (shudder).

I am who I am - it was good enough for Popeye, it's good enough for me. I'm not a bloke's bloke (but I'm perfectly ok with you being gay) nor am I a metro (I have enough trouble getting the time to shave in the morning - rub white smelly liquid into my face??) ... Perhaps someone will sit down one day soon and redevelop the "real man" - the one who goes to work, remembers to tell his partner he loves her (or him) goes grocery shopping on the way home, and has time to play cricket with the kids - all while remembering not to eat the fatty piece of meat for lunch, he's having a BBQ on saturday and that meat is better.

... Hand me the scotch, that's too much thinking for one day. You people sicken me, get off your arse and stop thinking of all these names for the other idiots sitting on their arses. Get up and do something - hell, maybe we'll be able to make this world a better place?

And no - Earth will ALWAYS be a planet ... but I do want Pluto back :(

No comments: