Sunday, January 06, 2008

Humans really have no idea

Really we don't. I'm not talking about the future, or the environment, or politics, or even or "races" on this blue rock.

I'm talking about other humans. More specifically the opposite sex.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the replica perfect man. But damn it, I'm a good guy. I'm tall, dark, and well I'm not ugly ;)

I know mentally what a woman wants, I use these skills to talk with women. Nothing more, I save the rest til later. Problem is, what women want, it changes. Nothing in the rest of the universe changes as quickly.

Thing is, the things males want doesn't change as often, but it changes. Generally with age (more of a bell curve sort of thing) and sometimes with what we men try to pass off as maturity.

I know all of us want the complete package. The angel, the genius, the nympho, the peak of physical fitness, etc, etc, etc, etc.

But we all know, deep down (once we've acknowledged it) that the whole package DOES NOT exist. Will never exist. There will be close. There may even be the elusive soul-mate.

But what the hell is it all about? Apparently where I live there is a single man drought. There were rumours of numbers of almost 1:2 (1 single male to 2 single females) - thing is, all the single guys I've spoken to (I know a few) haven't not noticed this. Seems the only people who are complaining about this "drought" are females - females who are looking for that specific male who is generally already taken. Or don't want them.

Yes I am just ranting. But I've almost had a gutful of the chase with not result - to this point not even a nice smile as thank you. What is it that drives people to ingore what we don't want to face or even respond to. Hell at this point a simple "Thanks, but no thanks" would be ok. At least that way I'd know I got a response.

A no is better than nothing right? Just playing the numbers.

Just playing the numbers. How disgusting is that. But I'm starting to see the purposes of treating the opposite sex as a piece of meat - hell it's working for so many other people (of BOTH sexes) so what about me? Or do I have too much "respect" for myself, let alone another person.

Maybe I'm going around this the wrong way - giving out respect before it's duly deserved. Perhaps part of the "treat em mean, keep em kean" perspective is to hold the respect until a later date.


Eh, what's the point. It's not me.

Or perhaps it should be?

2 comments:

thinker. said...

Dear Mr. Subtle,

I cannot help but comment on this particular posting, considering you're pointing out very clearly how quickly women change in what they want - vs. men.

Are YOU SERIOUS?!!! I'm sorry, I have to scream that one out. Now, take it from my perspective, MEN change what they want like women change their wardrobe! Psychologically, women mature sooner than men - right? SO basically, if you think you're mature enough for your age - perhaps you can go for older women? Maybe they can keep up then?

Anyway, I'd second you in: HUMANS REALLY HAVE NO IDEA. Whenever people brag about them knowing things and what they want, I think that they just fear about admitting how clueless they are.

Oh well!

Sincerely yours,
[a-passionate-thinker]

Mr Subtle said...

apt - My post may have been a little biased, but I still stand behind my choice of title. Although it can be a bit difficult to see the other side of the fence, I do try to see what's over there.

But at the end of the day, we really are clueless - and I'll be the first to say I am well and truely clueless.

Yup, I have no idea.