Friday, May 04, 2007

Second of ... ah, you get the idea

As I browse the other blogs I read occasionally, I notice a bit of a trend. People actually planning and "scripting" their blog entries.

Now, don't get me wrong, planning can be a good thing. Especially when writing seriously (as a few of the blogs I read are, well try to be anyway). But really, for me, my blog is a dumping ground of anything and everything. May not make sense, may not get an audience, may not even last the year. But heck, it's mine ain't it? :P

I had to laugh a week ago when I tried to start reading a new blog (for the life of me I can't remember it, which is probably a good thing). For all intensive purposes this was a "throw mud against the wall and see what sticks" ... but then I read back a few pages, lo and behold there was the comment "I was writing my first blog draft on the bus home".

Draft? FIRST draft? What the ... ? Are we all aspiring authors and journos all of a sudden?

Ah who am I kidding, it's probably true, everyone here wants to be heard in some way and gone are the days of the soap box.

Ah the soap box, how the public speaking and the possibilty of being literally pushed off by opposing people would have stopped so many people from speaking.

I wonder how many people would stop having opinions or blogs if there was an instant and permanent way of aruging with them?





*Quotes are never accurate, and even if they are, they aren't!

No comments: