Monday, March 02, 2009

2 more to the list

I just finished reading 2 books (yes, I do that - read a few at once, I get bored).

Life of Pi by Yann Martel
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Both are very interesting books, I guess dealing with the struggles of life and how to live. I must admit I did enjoy Life of Pi more than American Psycho, but I suspect I was always going to enjoy it.

Surprisingly I also enjoyed the movie American Psycho and have suggested to a number of people that the movie and book actually compliment each other, to me this is a miracle and the indication of serious talent.

4 comments:

KittyMeow said...

I agree with you about American Psycho! Christian Bale is a brilliant actor - one of those true chameleons. And the book is just nuts.

Mr Subtle said...

Thanks KM, I think a list of lots of people may help to get a certain someone to see the movie.

The book left be feeling a little off - I was prepared for the abrupt ending, but it was even worse than the movie.

And really, most of the things that happened, I really have to wonder what was going through Bret's mind when he was writing it.

Cath said...

"a certain someone"?... Yes, I am totally in love with the book American Psycho, and my fear is that the movie is going to ruin the "magic" of the book. Maybe one day I will see it.

I think there is something wrong if you DIDN'T enjoy Life of Pi, it is seriously good, and somewhat similar to American Psycho in that the ending makes you question everything. Good stuff!

Grumpy Young Gal said...

I loved Life Of Pi. It took me a few chapters to get into the swing of it but once my imagination caught on, I was on that boat. It was fabulous.