Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So many things to post about right now. None of them I actually want to post about. That really sucks.

Although international mobile networks suck majorly. Attempting to hold a conversation via sms on them is almost impossible. How is one supposed to keep one's girlfriend on edge ... yeah, ok I'll stop that now.

Apparently I'm having trouble at work. As a relatively new member of the "team", I've had an uphill battle to get to where I am now. Then I get told that people are going behind my back straight to my boss about my performance. I've worked out what they mean by "performance" - I don't jump high enough or quickly enough when they call.

I've never been one to "jump to attention". I find it never works well for anyone in any situation. Spend a few more seconds getting a little bit more information and formulating the solution and it works out better and faster for everyone involved. Shame that's not how this place has been in the past.

Shame that I have complete control of the internet here and while I block other people from searching Seek - I've applied for a few jobs today. A bit sad really, but to be honest this place is no where near what they portrayed it to be and the role really isn't suited to someone with as much real work experience as I have. Perhaps a graduate? Or even a kid out of high school.

Ah well, time to get my butt back into the CBD anyway. These jobs in the 'burbs are starting to annoy me. That's 2 in a row that turned out to be crap. Give me a nice big multi-national with lots of money. In a nice tall building. Hell, anything with real walls I'd take!

Although I sure will miss having my own office ... I wonder if I can still score on of those somehow.

Anyone out there know of any nice paying jobs going in the Melb CBD these days??

No comments: